Philly to Denver – Kansas Larry
On our way back to Philly from Denver, we were coming across the top of Kansas and the skies started to look crazy. We stopped at a gas station and heard there was a tornado coming.
An older gentleman approached us to talk about the cycles, and told us continuing into the storm was a bad idea. He said he’d take us in for the night. We took him up on it.
– This is an old pic of Larry racing his 70’s Kawasaki H2. Also raced BSA dirt-trackers.
– Larry and his dog.
– He let us keep our cycles in the garage during the storm.
– He showed us his old cycles that he used to race.
– Restored BSA racing dirt-tracker (no brakes if I remember correctly!)
– His new race bike. Ducati 999.
– Project car. Old corvette fitted with a new corvette engine. He also has a 3rd generation Mazda RX7 twin turbo that he let me and Adam test drive.
People west of Philadelphia are overly nice. Him and his wife fed us dinner and breakfast. Can’t say thanks enough!
3 responses to “Philly to Denver – Kansas Larry”
Published - Jun 3, 2016
Only took 2 photos last night but making this post because of Steve’s Instagram video. The gas station always has some real characters hanging out. Just a typical #thursdaynightride with #chinonthetank #crackhead #shortsoverpants A video posted by Steve Erdosi (@sonofernest) on Jun 2, 2016 at 6:44pm PDT 22-23 bikes for COTT last night. What fun! […]