Auckland, NZ – overview
I’ve made some observations of Auckland:
- It’s way nicer than I envisioned it would be.
- From what I’ve seen and heard, vintage cycles are slim to none.
- There is no trash on the streets of NZ. Cleanest place I’ve ever seen.
- People are in no hurry… everyone drives way under the speed limit.
- Everyone is super nice. Friendliest strangers I’ve ever met.
- You can see the ocean / bay from almost anywhere in Auckland.
- A million hills here. Like pittsburgh but worse.
- One of the biggest o-zone holes the Earth has is over NZ and Australia, so you get severely sunburnt after 30 mins. if you’re not used to it.
- Police don’t carry guns.
- There’s no crime here.
- There are also no black or mexican people here.
- Their version of Walmart is called “The Warehouse”.
- Their version of Pep Boys is called “RepCo”.
- People walk around the city barefoot.
- It doesn’t get dark until 9:30pm.
- From what people say, It’s always 65˚ and sunny.
- The water looks like Miami water. Bright Teal color. Palm trees everywhere too.
- The Sky Tower is the tallest building in the southern hemisphere. It’s about the height of the Comcast building in Philly. We live about 10 min. walk from it.
- I’ve gotten lost on the cycle a few times already. It’s like a maze here.
5 responses to “Auckland, NZ – overview”
Published - May 20, 2018
July 6, 7, 8 Don’t fuck up. Make sure you have off Thursday and Friday Leaving Wednesday night – truck caravan 9pm from Aramingo wawa So… have your gear and bike shit prepped Tuesday night, so Wed you can get home from work, load your shit up, and get to wawa w/o rushing Staying in […]