Auckland, NZ – overview
I’ve made some observations of Auckland:
- It’s way nicer than I envisioned it would be.
- From what I’ve seen and heard, vintage cycles are slim to none.
- There is no trash on the streets of NZ. Cleanest place I’ve ever seen.
- People are in no hurry… everyone drives way under the speed limit.
- Everyone is super nice. Friendliest strangers I’ve ever met.
- You can see the ocean / bay from almost anywhere in Auckland.
- A million hills here. Like pittsburgh but worse.
- One of the biggest o-zone holes the Earth has is over NZ and Australia, so you get severely sunburnt after 30 mins. if you’re not used to it.
- Police don’t carry guns.
- There’s no crime here.
- There are also no black or mexican people here.
- Their version of Walmart is called “The Warehouse”.
- Their version of Pep Boys is called “RepCo”.
- People walk around the city barefoot.
- It doesn’t get dark until 9:30pm.
- From what people say, It’s always 65˚ and sunny.
- The water looks like Miami water. Bright Teal color. Palm trees everywhere too.
- The Sky Tower is the tallest building in the southern hemisphere. It’s about the height of the Comcast building in Philly. We live about 10 min. walk from it.
- I’ve gotten lost on the cycle a few times already. It’s like a maze here.
5 Responses to “Auckland, NZ – overview”
Leave a Reply
Published - Oct 18, 2013
Hello and welcome to another addition of the weekly COTT gear review. This week I have pulled out some super warm, economical and understated moto gloves to keep those sausages from freezing as we head into the colder months. The first pair are the Held Warm N Dry. Held has a stellar reputation for making […]