Auckland, NZ – overview
I’ve made some observations of Auckland:
- It’s way nicer than I envisioned it would be.
- From what I’ve seen and heard, vintage cycles are slim to none.
- There is no trash on the streets of NZ. Cleanest place I’ve ever seen.
- People are in no hurry… everyone drives way under the speed limit.
- Everyone is super nice. Friendliest strangers I’ve ever met.
- You can see the ocean / bay from almost anywhere in Auckland.
- A million hills here. Like pittsburgh but worse.
- One of the biggest o-zone holes the Earth has is over NZ and Australia, so you get severely sunburnt after 30 mins. if you’re not used to it.
- Police don’t carry guns.
- There’s no crime here.
- There are also no black or mexican people here.
- Their version of Walmart is called “The Warehouse”.
- Their version of Pep Boys is called “RepCo”.
- People walk around the city barefoot.
- It doesn’t get dark until 9:30pm.
- From what people say, It’s always 65˚ and sunny.
- The water looks like Miami water. Bright Teal color. Palm trees everywhere too.
- The Sky Tower is the tallest building in the southern hemisphere. It’s about the height of the Comcast building in Philly. We live about 10 min. walk from it.
- I’ve gotten lost on the cycle a few times already. It’s like a maze here.
5 responses to “Auckland, NZ – overview”
Published - Dec 25, 2013
I’ve always been obsessed with wankel rotary engines. Such a cool alternative to a piston engine. My best buddy kev’s dad had a 3rd gen 1994 rx7 twin turbo. Holy shit I still droll over that car. In high school, Kev used to steal it and take it out when his dad was out of […]