Colin’s 1974 cb200 in NZ

If you didn’t already know, Max has cousins from Auckland. His cousin Colin and I live pretty close to eachother here in NZ… couple mins down the road. A few months back he picked up a cb200 and rebuilt it into this sweet little cafe racer.

It’s finally running and now he’s dialing it in.

It was a pretty big jollapy when he first got it. He rebuilt the engine… the entire engine.

Seat kinda similar to my cb450 seat, but a tiny bit more slim. Red tank. Powder coated frame. Clip-on bars.

New Mikuni carbs and velocity stacks. They need a tiny bit more tuning. Still working on getting the jetting perfect.

This is Colin’s other cycle. A cg125 single cylinder that he’s teaching his g/f Gabby to ride.

This is a link to his full build thread if you wanna check out all the nitty-gritty stuff he did.

Side note – Colin is moving to LA in a couple weeks to race road bikes (geared pedal bikes) professionally for the next 6 months. Good luck.

8 responses to “Colin’s 1974 cb200 in NZ”

1. scott says:

Colin’s CB200 looks fantastic…..very clean and minimalistic!

2. Justin B. says:

Sick bike – I’m into it. I love coming across a full tear-down rebuild – it really came out nice.

3. Vergel says:

Beautiful cb200. Where did u get ur clip ons and what signal lights are u running.

4. Colin says:

Cheers, the clip ons are Woodcraft- I couldn’t find much in the way of 31mm ID. In hindsight I’d probably get something cheaper and have some shims made, although they are sweet bars. The signal lights are just a generic type ‘bullet’ indicator screwed directly into the frame on the rear. I’m away from the bike now for a year or so, so I can’t ell you a code or anything.

5. […] New Zealand buddy Colin, who is Max’s cousin… now lives in Missoula […]

6. Joseph says:

Where to get them stacks? They custom? I’m rebuilding a 200 as well, want stacks but cant find em anywhere! THX

7. Andy says:

Hi,
    please let me know your carb settings if the engine works fine.
    Best regards
    Andy

Published - Feb 7, 2011

cb360 is alive

Our philly winter has delayed the 360 terrorizing the streets but it’s built and…. in my living room. I’ll be loading it up in the back of the toyota for the trip up to Ricky’s Joint for a proper tune up soon enough.