Deus Ex Machina – Shed 5 – review
So, we’ve all heard of Deus Ex Machina from Australia. I dunno about you guys, but I wasn’t aware there was a shop here in NZ.
- Shop is right down the street from me. It’s super super nice!
- They have a “No Photos” policy, bummer. So I found a few pics on the web.
- The name is Shed 5, but it’s a Deus Ex Machina shop? Seems their branding is a little confused. No one in the USA knows what Shed 5 is. They should stick with Deus and keep it all consistent.
- Turns out it’s a full-blown retail shop. I was expecting something more like 4 guys working on cycles. Not 4 people selling products.
- Yes, they do have a workshop where they do restoration and custom builds. It’s in the back.
- I was expecting to be one of the only customers in there. I was wrong, it was packed with maybe 25 people. There’s a full Cafe inside too, with sandwiches and $14 Chicken Salads.
- Retail side is big and impressive. $14,000 motorcycles for sale on the floor.
- $480 – 3/4 helmets for sale.
- $800 – Schott Leather Jackets for sale.
- I really wanted to buy a t-shirt, but they were $114
- Behind the parts counter is a ton of custom stuff. Want a Cafe tank? They have it. Want a Cafe seat? They have it.
- I talked to 2 employees; a guy in parts, and a girl in clothing, both were really nice and friendly.
- They have about 30 cycles out on the floor. Everything ranging from refurbished Nortons, to Harley Cafe Racers, to vintage MV Agusta, to Honda Dream 50r
- Real impressive. I spent a bit of time looking at all the classic cycles on display.
- Wish I could’ve taken pics of the inside.
- They have 1 wall where they have about 15 vintage BMX bikes hanging up. Real nice!
Anyway, it’s a really rad shop. I imagine I’ll stop in every now and then to check stuff out, or eat lunch.
5 responses to “Deus Ex Machina – Shed 5 – review”
Published - Jul 9, 2018
the year of dust. the year Yanns IT didn’t run. the year Quinn came and didn’t have fun. the year of the truck race. I won. the year of long jump fun. the year 90s boys raced MX. the year 90s boys inspired me to read up on flamboyant colored racing kits. the year Dr […]