79 IT250 – progress
The IT is coming along.
- Got the Vermont registration so I can actually ride the thing legally now
- Sorted out all the little missing bolts and retarded shit from the previous owner. Needs a different silencer. Looking for a good, used DG piece.
- Got it cleaned up. The blue and yellow is pretty wild looking. Minus some missing OEM yamaha decals which I haven’t bought yet… this is actually how it’s supposed to look from the factory. Pretty ugly, but I’m really into it.
- Had Adam loosen some stuck bottom-end bolts for me with his air compressor. Doing crank seals tomorrow.
- I get some “false neutrals” between 2nd-4th gear sometimes. Not sure whats up with that yet. Anyone ever experience this? Does thicker crankcase oil help?
- It runs semi okay, but the carb needs some adjustments. I have some Boyesen reeds to put in too. Then it should rip pretty good.
11 responses to “79 IT250 – progress”
Published - Mar 22, 2011
(Click for Color) Well guys, we’ve had all winter to get something done, except for Ed who gets to enjoy summer back to back to back. The warm weather signals us to make those final adjustments and go for a test ride. Stopped by Brian’s house Saturday for some cold beers and a lesson on […]