79 IT250 – progress
The IT is coming along.
- Got the Vermont registration so I can actually ride the thing legally now
- Sorted out all the little missing bolts and retarded shit from the previous owner. Needs a different silencer. Looking for a good, used DG piece.
- Got it cleaned up. The blue and yellow is pretty wild looking. Minus some missing OEM yamaha decals which I haven’t bought yet… this is actually how it’s supposed to look from the factory. Pretty ugly, but I’m really into it.
- Had Adam loosen some stuck bottom-end bolts for me with his air compressor. Doing crank seals tomorrow.
- I get some “false neutrals” between 2nd-4th gear sometimes. Not sure whats up with that yet. Anyone ever experience this? Does thicker crankcase oil help?
- It runs semi okay, but the carb needs some adjustments. I have some Boyesen reeds to put in too. Then it should rip pretty good.
11 responses to “79 IT250 – progress”
Published - Mar 25, 2014
In the really early 70’s… Yamaha had these as their dirt bikes: – AT1 – 125cc – CT1 – 175cc – DT1 – 250cc – RT1 – 360cc All were 69-71 era, piston port motors, before Yamaha really knew what dirt bikes would become. And all were relatively about the same dimensions, just different weight. […]