Schuykill River Trashbag Beers | Thursday Ride

To keep it interesting, Ed and I decided to stash some trashbag beers in the Schuykill River before the ride. After about 3/4’s the way through the ride we made a pit stop to hangout on the river bank and all pound a beer. Overall, it was fun and I challenge anyone else to come up with a ‘trashbag beer’ ride. Call it out.

Other highlights:
– The Schuykill River is much warmer than I thought. Definitely did not keep the beers cold.
– Saw an ex-gf while creeping along the river bank scoping a spot to hide beer.
– Forgetting my shitty backpack where I hid the beers and somebody taking it. that sucked.
– Watching Saad wheelie the shit out of his 80’s GPZ550.
– Having 3 Kawasaki GPZ550’s out on the ride.
– Drag racing down Spring garden to El Camino
– Manayunk girls look like super models.
– Motorcycles rule.
– If you missed this ride, that sucks. Come out for the next one.

TrashbagBeers
TrashbagBeers-14
TrashbagBeers-18
TrashbagBeers-17
TrashbagBeers-16
TrashbagBeers-15
2014-09-04 21.52.36

9 responses to “Schuykill River Trashbag Beers | Thursday Ride”

1. Enzo says:

Anybody sick from that Schuylkill water yet!?

2. ed says:

@Enzo
    I feel great. Extra hydrated.

3. Tom says:

Looks like a good time. I gotta make it down there for a ride this year. I love the getting caught creepin around the river by an ex GF part.. ha!

4. Gan says:

nothin’ better than stashed brews.

5. Ron says:

Sweet GPZ 550. I kick myself for selling mine about once a week Cool ride, guys!

6. Jeff says:

Shit… Sucks that I got a flat halfway through that ride, I would’ve liked to have been there for riverside beers. Hopefully I can get the CX on the road again in time make the next ride. Was definitely a great time!

7. ed says:

@Jeff
    Damn, that sucks. I was wondering where you went.

8. Jeff says:

@ed
    Yeah, picked up a nail somewhere, and when we went between those fences it bent 90° and went through the sidewall too. There was some guy hanging out in his garage right there, he invited me up, gave me a beer, and helped me patch the tire so I could get back.

Actually have a new tire already, now I just need to get it mounted… And go buy that guy a six-pack! He said he used to ride with you guys a bunch.

Oh that’re really cool Phil helped you patch your flat. He has an awesome track bike if you were able to see it.