Sweet resto-mod bro
I forget who it was… but someone we know had a funny story. Someone came up to them and was like… sweet resto-mod bro. I think it was Brad. He replied; “uh, my bike is a stock junky cb550”. Ha. Such a stupid phrase, resto mod.
Anyway. Got the z1 back together. No more fuked up forks or cam caps. Added a steering stabilizer bar. Leaned out my jetting a hair. Cleaned up everything. Painted a bunch of shit.
Pics at very bottom show how fuked up it was when I pulled it out of the old guys garage. Junker.
Short list of overall everything I’ve done or had help doing:
- race-braced, cleaned up, painted frame
- detab swing arm
- mod, slim up center stand for 4-1 kerker
- steering stabilizer bar and tab
- Lockhart oil cooler
- laced new boranni style wheels, spokes. 18 front
- 630 to 520 JT chain conversion. Custom aluminum rear sprocket. 17/42 gearing
- slim seat
- headlight, fork ear update
- kerker exhaust with 2″ comp baffle
- keihin 29 CRS carbs, velocity stacks
- kaw H1 fork leg bottoms
- kaw kz750 shorty fender
- progressive suspension front & rear
- Dyna ignition
- Larry Cavanaugh street ported / clearanced head
- Kenny Harmon L1 cams. .400″
- weisco 1015, 10.25/1 pistons
- APE valvetrain
- APE clutch kit
- all new wiring for everything
- Ricks reg/rect
10 responses to “Sweet resto-mod bro”
Published - Nov 14, 2011
Babes ride cycles on the west coast too. Check out article about the scene in San Fran. Pretty cool stuff.