Sweet resto-mod bro
I forget who it was… but someone we know had a funny story. Someone came up to them and was like… sweet resto-mod bro. I think it was Brad. He replied; “uh, my bike is a stock junky cb550”. Ha. Such a stupid phrase, resto mod.
Anyway. Got the z1 back together. No more fuked up forks or cam caps. Added a steering stabilizer bar. Leaned out my jetting a hair. Cleaned up everything. Painted a bunch of shit.
Pics at very bottom show how fuked up it was when I pulled it out of the old guys garage. Junker.
Short list of overall everything I’ve done or had help doing:
- race-braced, cleaned up, painted frame
- detab swing arm
- mod, slim up center stand for 4-1 kerker
- steering stabilizer bar and tab
- Lockhart oil cooler
- laced new boranni style wheels, spokes. 18 front
- 630 to 520 JT chain conversion. Custom aluminum rear sprocket. 17/42 gearing
- slim seat
- headlight, fork ear update
- kerker exhaust with 2″ comp baffle
- keihin 29 CRS carbs, velocity stacks
- kaw H1 fork leg bottoms
- kaw kz750 shorty fender
- progressive suspension front & rear
- Dyna ignition
- Larry Cavanaugh street ported / clearanced head
- Kenny Harmon L1 cams. .400″
- weisco 1015, 10.25/1 pistons
- APE valvetrain
- APE clutch kit
- all new wiring for everything
- Ricks reg/rect
10 responses to “Sweet resto-mod bro”
Published - May 4, 2012
Check out some photography from our buddy Garcia. If you’re from the area you’ve most likely seen and gawked at his panhead (1st photo). He’s helps run Hated of the World keeping it full of photos representing our local motorcycle culture. Check it out some of his photography and look for more on HOTW.