Sweet resto-mod bro
I forget who it was… but someone we know had a funny story. Someone came up to them and was like… sweet resto-mod bro. I think it was Brad. He replied; “uh, my bike is a stock junky cb550”. Ha. Such a stupid phrase, resto mod.
Anyway. Got the z1 back together. No more fuked up forks or cam caps. Added a steering stabilizer bar. Leaned out my jetting a hair. Cleaned up everything. Painted a bunch of shit.
Pics at very bottom show how fuked up it was when I pulled it out of the old guys garage. Junker.
Short list of overall everything I’ve done or had help doing:
- race-braced, cleaned up, painted frame
- detab swing arm
- mod, slim up center stand for 4-1 kerker
- steering stabilizer bar and tab
- Lockhart oil cooler
- laced new boranni style wheels, spokes. 18 front
- 630 to 520 JT chain conversion. Custom aluminum rear sprocket. 17/42 gearing
- slim seat
- headlight, fork ear update
- kerker exhaust with 2″ comp baffle
- keihin 29 CRS carbs, velocity stacks
- kaw H1 fork leg bottoms
- kaw kz750 shorty fender
- progressive suspension front & rear
- Dyna ignition
- Larry Cavanaugh street ported / clearanced head
- Kenny Harmon L1 cams. .400″
- weisco 1015, 10.25/1 pistons
- APE valvetrain
- APE clutch kit
- all new wiring for everything
- Ricks reg/rect
10 responses to “Sweet resto-mod bro”
Leave a Reply
Published - Sep 19, 2012
Philly to Canada – day 6
Fuck rain. Quebec city is pretty dope but the rain killed it. Recap includes: – swam in the hotel pool with a dozen old French fat people. It was super weird. – our hotel bathroom had a ton of these great rags to clean our motorcycles with. – found zero good bars downtown. Zero. – […]
Sweet resto mod bro.
Z1…? Never heard of it…..must be a sucky bike.
What Francione said. More like KAWA-SUCKY!
Cool to see the pictures from when you first picked it up. That thing is clean as shit now. Awesome.
FAKE NEWS! It was Nate, not Brad.
Looks good. Did you weld an extended stopper on to the center stand? Would like to put a center stand on my KZ650 but I would need a stopper so it wouldn’t hit the chain.
Great question. Yes; Adam slimmed up the center stand when he welded the braces in for the frame. The foot arm on the center stand stuck out like a retarded donkey dick once you upgrade to 4-1 exhaust. See this post below for pics of what we did. There is a rubber stopper and arm was cut short. It clears chain perfect.
Nice work! Great looking bike.
I haven’t seen a Lew Blum sign for two years now ;-0
I heard Nate’s bike was faster than yours. True?
It looked better when it was in the old man’s garage.