Norton camping trip 2018
Saturday was the best day I’ve had so far in 2018.
- Woke up early, checked out Adams KZ head he picked up from machine shop.
- Rode the IT to the coffee shop Andrew Brooks used to work at. Hung for a while.
- Met at LC to leave for camping. Great to hang and people watch.
- Dilly burger was amazing.
- Dcar didn’t loose anything on 95.
- Andrew Watson and his buddy had rad bmw’s
- Camp fire was great.
- Great laughs
- Guys did weird things in Rodrigo’s tent
- Whiskey was great
- I slept like a baby
- All of Saturday was amazing
Then Sunday morning came
- It was freezing
- It was misting and sprinkling
- The ride home on 95 was one of the coldest miserable hours I’ve spent on a mc
- I got home and took an hour hot shower to raise my body temp
- It was all worth it though
Overall – 20 great hours. 1 shitty hour.
Well her she is. My 1988 BMW r100gspd (i.e. 80gspd replica). I started digging into her last November, and now hundreds of hours later, she is ready to roll! Beside the Paris Dakar make over, the bike has some serious mechanical upgrades. Most notably the transmission was rebuilt (including adding a circlip to 5th gear). The OEM driveshalf was switched out to the Emerald Island Co’s serviceable / rebuildable unit. The front brake was switched out with a Harrison Billet 6 with stainless steel lines. New TCK80s were mounted and all electric connectors were cleaned and greased. I also switched over the heated grips from my r80rt. Lastly the taillight was upgraded to an ultra bright LED version + a lot of heat shrink cable work to tidy up the lines. Lots more info and post to come! But here is a taste for now! #bmw #bmwr100gs #r80gs #r80gspd #r100gspd #r100gs
5 responses to “Norton camping trip 2018”
Published - Sep 3, 2010
Yep. See you all in 2 weeks.