Another Year, Another Great Duncannon Camp out
After getting multiple trips rained out this year we were all pumped for this past weekends annual Duncannon camp out. We lucked out and had great weather despite heavy rains all week and scattered thunderstorms in the weekend forecast. Some memorable highlights are:
- Taking 76/202/30/322 and seeing the washed out bridges along 322 after the 8-11″ of rain areas got on Friday
- We got escorted around the road closures by a dude driving a VW Eurovan with ‘CATTITUDE’ written across the back.
- Campsite is still $5 a night.
- Some of the residents were happy to see us again and shared some devils lettuce with us
- Dr Guzzi said he would meet us at the campsite… and he did.
- The Cabin might be getting better or worse… I’m not totally sure.
- I don’t understand ICP tattoos but they seem to be popular
- Also not sure I feel comfortable writing about what happened the first night.
- Ed lead a really great ride between Port Royal and Carlisle going over two mountain passes
- Everyone’s bikes ran solid except for my KZ fouling a plug. I need to sort that out.
- Perry County has some great roads and scenery
See you next year Duncannon.
5 responses to “Another Year, Another Great Duncannon Camp out”
Published - Nov 28, 2012
I bought these gloves mid-summer on the recommendation of my buddy Jim at Revzilla. I was looking for something simple and classic but with some modern protection. I wanted to try something other than the standard horsehide work gloves or Mechanix brand gloves I would normally wear which don’t offer too much protection. There’s tons […]