Canadian Rockies – day 2
Lopez island WA to port renfrew Vancouver island
- Leave Andrews island and take 23 ferries to get to Vancouver island
- Quinn’s first time ever out of America which blew my mind
- People may or may not have smuggled things over the border
- Didn’t know Victoria was a city that existed. Had lunch and people watched
- Rode through a rain forest on way to port renfrew
- Such drastic air temperature differences it’s insane. 80deg sweating one hour and 40deg shivering the next
- Slept on a beach tonight
- Adams XR still running hotter than mine going to try to solve that soon
3 responses to “Canadian Rockies – day 2”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Published - Mar 7, 2017
Husqvarna WR250 | Motor Breakdown
Due to the stuck crank and the sick smell of mouse piss coming from the motor I decided it was necessary to split the cases to clean and inspect everything. I was happy to find that all the internals appear to be in good condition after a good cleaning. The stuck crank seems to just […]
dudes. rad trip! My XR was running way hot,over 300. Switched to Rotella T6 15W40 (i was on 5w40). Now I’m running between 250-280. Off road, going slow, 1st-2nd gear, still between 280-290 but at highway or with air moving, I’m pretty steady between 260-280. I think you stay at 300 or below you’ll be good. I’ve noticed at just about 500 miles my oil starts to breakdown and temps creep up but once I change it, I’m back to good running temp. Good luck
My XR650L temps are:
– highway blasting 240-250
– sitting in a traffic jam 230
– normal riding 220
So… I’d suggest you guys are running too hot. 270-290 is insane hot.
Nah, not to get into a pissing match with a man who’s living the dream but a lot internets people claim to be running between 220 and 280 on the XRs. 190-230 with a cooler. Everyone of them runs different though. Some guys have been running at those temps since early on and now are between 25000-30000 miles.I would love to get my temps to your range but after a bunch of reading I’m not too concerned until I get to 300. Love that you guys are doing this on the XRs.