How to get a Motorcycle Title
This has been a popular topic that seems to have helped a lot of readers so reposting this for those who haven’t seen this yet. Check the previous posts on this topic for good feedback in both comments sections:
These are the steps to getting a Vermont plate and registration for a motorcycle over 300cc. I’m sharing this info with the hope that it’ll help keep another old motorcycle on the road.
1. Bill of Sale
2. Vermont Registration Form VD119
3. VIN Verification
1. Make a Bill of Sale to show proof of sale. This can be between any parties and does not need to be notarized.
2. Fill out VT Form VD119. I originally submitted my form without the VIN Verification and it was mailed back to me with the red markups.
– Motorcycle fee is $48.
– Tax is 6% of the NADA good value.
– Write check for total amount payable to: Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
5. Mail everything to:
120 State ST
Montpelier VT 05603
Turn around is 2-3 weeks and what you get back are VT plates and registration. You can then use that registration paperwork to apply for a PA title and registration.
11 responses to “How to get a Motorcycle Title”
Published - Mar 8, 2018
Our buddy Colin Cornberg is in the running for Show Class People’s Champ competition. Check it out and go vote Chop Cult voting link Show Class voting link Follow Colin on INSTAGRAM Colin bought this 1987 Harley Davidson XLH1100 in Philadelphia last year and rode it back to Montana.