cb650 engine rebuild Step 4 of 4
The 650 rebuild is finished. It’s running pretty damn good. Going easy on it for the first few hundred miles.
Here’s what I did in the last step:
– Re-did my wiring, I cut out about half my wires. Props to Adam!
– Installed oil cooler
– Spot-painted frame
– Re-mounted gauges lower and tighter
– Installed new rings, assembled engine. Props to Nick!
– Original wiring
– Shit we cut out
– New wiring… streamlined!
– Ready for the engine to go back in
– All back together
– Gauges mounted lower and tighter
– Custom headlight switch, mounted in fork ear
– Oil cooler adapter plate which makes the entire cooler set-up work, purchased from:
Thanks to everyone who helped. Couldn’t have done it without you guys. Extra special thanks to Adam, for his intricate wiring knowledge, and Nick for his master engine expertise.
14 responses to “cb650 engine rebuild Step 4 of 4”
Published - Jul 1, 2011
Last Sunday we decided to take a trip down to Ocean City to spend the day relaxing in the sun. My lady Juli shot these photos while riding on the back of my 550… Chris led us on some nice roads through Jersey. Kevin roasting the RD smoking out everyone behind us. Ricky’s pull cable […]