cb650 engine rebuild Step 4 of 4
The 650 rebuild is finished. It’s running pretty damn good. Going easy on it for the first few hundred miles.
Here’s what I did in the last step:
– Re-did my wiring, I cut out about half my wires. Props to Adam!
– Installed oil cooler
– Spot-painted frame
– Re-mounted gauges lower and tighter
– Installed new rings, assembled engine. Props to Nick!
– Original wiring
– Shit we cut out
– New wiring… streamlined!
– Ready for the engine to go back in
– All back together
– Gauges mounted lower and tighter
– Custom headlight switch, mounted in fork ear
– Oil cooler adapter plate which makes the entire cooler set-up work, purchased from:
Thanks to everyone who helped. Couldn’t have done it without you guys. Extra special thanks to Adam, for his intricate wiring knowledge, and Nick for his master engine expertise.
14 responses to “cb650 engine rebuild Step 4 of 4”
Published - Mar 14, 2014
So Bell has decided to jump on the bandwagon and release the new Bullitt on the heels of the Gingo and Daytona Retro Ride which I reviewed back in October. The new Bullitt is by far a technically superior product than its competitors and comes with a price tag that reflects its high quality and […]