Philly to Canada – wrap-up
FYI – I’ll have all my real photos up in a few days. So, check back for them.
Overall, we both had an amazing, great time.
– no major break-downs
– no crashes
– no fights
– no breaking bottles behind gas stations
– no bears or moose… wtf
– saw 1 car crash which was 3 mini-vans piled up. Dumb
– my pants have a nice oil stain now from a leaking head gasket. sweet
– i don’t like french canadians. you didn’t make me feel welcome. i won’t be back. sorry
– upstate NY is actually really nice
– can’t say the same for Albany. i won’t be back
– canada was more expensive than i thought it would be
– new englanders can’t make breakfast as good as southern folks. fact
– i don’t want to eat mcDonalds for at least a year
– the z1 is fast but… i think i had more fun when i went to denver on a slow, nimble cb450
– i saw way too many old people. glad i work for a university. balance it all out
– mick is still good-old mick. seeing him was nice
– homeless people are zombies in Portland. weird
– i grew a beard
– adam grew a weird goatee, ha
– no girls flashed us… probably because of adams goatee, ha
– met a bunch of old guys that had z1’s
– ate fresh eggs straight from the chicken for the first time ever
– we each had a bag fall off (almost) on a bumpy mountain road
– saw some good friends. caught up on some alone / personal time
– being on the cycles for endless hours gives you time to really think about life
– past 2 years for me… shit… getting away from life for a couple weeks was needed
– doing this trip gave me more appreciation for Philly
– Philly is gross, but i’d rather live here than anywhere i saw on the trip.
That’s all I got for ya.
Go do your own road trip.
I wanna see.
3 responses to “Philly to Canada – wrap-up”
Published - Jul 20, 2012
Tom is making his way through Nova Scotia right now. He sent over these pics. Cabot Trail looks like such a badass road.