cb650 – new brake cable

Adam kept bustin my balls for having the original brake cable all long and stupid, so I finally bucked up and bought a new stainless steel braided line.

I guess I didn’t read the fine print in the eBay post because when I got the package in the mail, there were 3 cables, bolts etc… in there.

So, I have 2 extra cables, bolts and washers. The cable is 30″ long, so it fits the 650 perfect with basically no slack.

If anybody wants to replace their shitty cable with a legit one, hit me up. You’ll def notice a huge increase in braking power.

Either flow me $20 bones, or get me drunk at N star, and it’s yours. Let me know…

6 responses to “cb650 – new brake cable”

1. mick says:

i’ll prob take you up on the northstar option. PBR’s that is.

never been pumped on my braking power as is.

2. Bobby says:

Id snag one of those for 20 next thursday if you still have it left ed.

3. admin says:

bobby…
    i think they’re both spoken for already, sorry.
    -ed

4. Joshua says:

Just picked up a braided cable or my 650 and getting rid of these stock wheelbarrow bars. Did you have to shorten your throttle as well?

5. Joshua says:

Also thanks for a lot of good information here. Just picked up a sitting cb650 and your post on the charging system was much easier to work with then the pages of my manual.

6. Ed says:

@josh
    I did not have to shorten the throttle. Works as is.

Published - Sep 26, 2013

Homeward Bound

I love when I get emails from people about trips they’ve done. Dan is from Collingswood NJ. He emailed me saying he just rode his Honda cb from Milwaukee back here to philly area. Check out the PDF he put together, it’s a good little read. Homeward-Bound [PDF]