Philly to Denver – Kansas Larry
On our way back to Philly from Denver, we were coming across the top of Kansas and the skies started to look crazy. We stopped at a gas station and heard there was a tornado coming.
An older gentleman approached us to talk about the cycles, and told us continuing into the storm was a bad idea. He said he’d take us in for the night. We took him up on it.
– This is an old pic of Larry racing his 70’s Kawasaki H2. Also raced BSA dirt-trackers.
– Larry and his dog.
– He let us keep our cycles in the garage during the storm.
– He showed us his old cycles that he used to race.
– Restored BSA racing dirt-tracker (no brakes if I remember correctly!)
– His new race bike. Ducati 999.
– Project car. Old corvette fitted with a new corvette engine. He also has a 3rd generation Mazda RX7 twin turbo that he let me and Adam test drive.
People west of Philadelphia are overly nice. Him and his wife fed us dinner and breakfast. Can’t say thanks enough!
3 responses to “Philly to Denver – Kansas Larry”
Published - Jun 13, 2019
Cast & Salvage 2.0 It’s been a real challenge to get the warehouse to its current state but it’s getting closer to a usable space each day. Thanks to everyone that’s donated time, advice, and/or supplies. I am grateful for the support of friends to make this happen. Good times ahead. Random photos from the […]