NZ cycle – poll
This isn’t a real poll, just comment and let me know which you like better.
So when I move to NZ I’ll be getting a cycle right when I get there. They have a bunch of stuff you can’t get in the USA. Including these 2 cycles from the japanese Honda market:
– nsr250 (2 stroke race bike)
– cbr250rr (19 grand redline)
Both are late 80’s / early 90’s and are pretty sick. I’m def leaning towards the cbr250rr. I’m looking to make it a street fighter / cafe racer hybrid. So hopefully it’ll somehow end up looking more similar to my cb650 or adams cb500t.
I think it’s do-able. Take a look at this mock-up I made in photoshop. I think the 250rr could make a great cafe hybrid.
– get rid of all the plastic shit
– ditch the front fender
– go with clip-on bars
– get rid of the gauges and headlight
– replace with a cb550 headlight with visor
– replace the seat with something cafe styled (prolly the hardest mod)
– go with a minimalistic (non-crotch rocket) exhaust, or cut it before the muffler
16 responses to “NZ cycle – poll”
Published - Feb 28, 2013
2021 update – click here. Below is deprecated info… Read about rebuild Part 3 Read about rebuild Part 2 Read about rebuild Part 1 Well… the 450 is finished and it runs. Video at bottom. I’ve riden it about 10 miles so far. Haven’t gone over 5K rpm yet, but it feels super responsive and […]