Auckland, NZ – overview
I’ve made some observations of Auckland:
- It’s way nicer than I envisioned it would be.
- From what I’ve seen and heard, vintage cycles are slim to none.
- There is no trash on the streets of NZ. Cleanest place I’ve ever seen.
- People are in no hurry… everyone drives way under the speed limit.
- Everyone is super nice. Friendliest strangers I’ve ever met.
- You can see the ocean / bay from almost anywhere in Auckland.
- A million hills here. Like pittsburgh but worse.
- One of the biggest o-zone holes the Earth has is over NZ and Australia, so you get severely sunburnt after 30 mins. if you’re not used to it.
- Police don’t carry guns.
- There’s no crime here.
- There are also no black or mexican people here.
- Their version of Walmart is called “The Warehouse”.
- Their version of Pep Boys is called “RepCo”.
- People walk around the city barefoot.
- It doesn’t get dark until 9:30pm.
- From what people say, It’s always 65˚ and sunny.
- The water looks like Miami water. Bright Teal color. Palm trees everywhere too.
- The Sky Tower is the tallest building in the southern hemisphere. It’s about the height of the Comcast building in Philly. We live about 10 min. walk from it.
- I’ve gotten lost on the cycle a few times already. It’s like a maze here.
5 responses to “Auckland, NZ – overview”
Leave a Reply
Published - May 19, 2011
Helmet Shirt & Tracker Racer Shirt
Get in contact with Devyn if you want to buy a shirt: Email Devyn HERE. click image for color If you want to get your hands on these, either come to RIDE TO SKATE or you can get whatever’s left over at our Thursday night rides. These prints are produced in the bowels of Kensington […]
I’m hoping one day I can spend some time there. Sounds wonderful man, live it up.
My pale ass is going to fry when I come over, awesome.
Glad you’re enjoying yourself…..you may not want to come back! 😉
yea, you’ll fry in 30 mins.
I rode the cycle around for about that long, the first day I had it, in a white undershirt, and my arms are so unbelievably sunburnt, it hurts. Either you need long sleeves or sun-block. It’s no joke, sun is strong as shit here.
Fortunately, with the temperature of 65-75, you can be comfy in either an undershirt, or a hoodie, so i’ve been riding the cycle now in my hoodie which covers my fried arms and neck.
[…] Me moving to NZ and buying a cbr250r. What a mistake NZ was. Shit. […]