Taskers Gap VA – Peters Mill Run
This past weekend we went dirt biking in Taskers Gap VA. So much fun. Most fun I’ve had on a motorcycle since the last time we rode dirt bikes in the pine barrens.
It’s in George Washington National Forest. Pay $12 and get a 3 day off-road pass to dirt bike / ATV and camp. There are several different trails to ride. One of them, which is the best one, is called Peters Mill Run. It’s a 12 mile trail up and over a mountain.
Pretty much all the trails are super insane rocky. The pics below don’t fully illustrate this. 90% of all the trails are low speed & technical, where you’re balancing over rocks and boulders. These are not fast-paced dirt bike trails. There are some spots where you can rip fast, and it’s dirt, but for the most part, it’s technical trials type riding on lots of rocks. We saw more 4 wheelers than dirt bikes.
Summary of the weekend:
- People went down. I won’t name names… Adam, Yann and I did not go down.
- Riding on rocks is too technical. I’m glad I got to do it and experience it, lot’s of fun, but man, it was really difficult. Harder than you’d think.
- The Yamaha IT’s pretty much shredded the best out of all the bikes IMO. Obviously, I’m biased.
- Weather was amazing.
- Alex shot Yann with a BB gun, and now the bullet is embedded in his leg.
- Brian G is the only person who got a flat.
- No one’s bike shit out completely.
- Shout out to Ryan from Union Cycle Supply. He sent Yann with a set of Moose Racing Bark Busters to give to the person that fell the most the first day as a prize, which Brian G gladly accepted ha.
If you have pics, email them to me and I’ll add them to the site.
4 responses to “Taskers Gap VA – Peters Mill Run”
Published - Jun 26, 2011
Got the tail light on today. Looks pretty cool. I’m psyched. Now all that’s left on the seat is to sand down the top, and coat it with Boeshield T-9. Seat pad is at the upholstery place right now getting made.