Taskers Gap VA – Peters Mill Run
This past weekend we went dirt biking in Taskers Gap VA. So much fun. Most fun I’ve had on a motorcycle since the last time we rode dirt bikes in the pine barrens.
It’s in George Washington National Forest. Pay $12 and get a 3 day off-road pass to dirt bike / ATV and camp. There are several different trails to ride. One of them, which is the best one, is called Peters Mill Run. It’s a 12 mile trail up and over a mountain.
Pretty much all the trails are super insane rocky. The pics below don’t fully illustrate this. 90% of all the trails are low speed & technical, where you’re balancing over rocks and boulders. These are not fast-paced dirt bike trails. There are some spots where you can rip fast, and it’s dirt, but for the most part, it’s technical trials type riding on lots of rocks. We saw more 4 wheelers than dirt bikes.
Summary of the weekend:
- People went down. I won’t name names… Adam, Yann and I did not go down.
- Riding on rocks is too technical. I’m glad I got to do it and experience it, lot’s of fun, but man, it was really difficult. Harder than you’d think.
- The Yamaha IT’s pretty much shredded the best out of all the bikes IMO. Obviously, I’m biased.
- Weather was amazing.
- Alex shot Yann with a BB gun, and now the bullet is embedded in his leg.
- Brian G is the only person who got a flat.
- No one’s bike shit out completely.
- Shout out to Ryan from Union Cycle Supply. He sent Yann with a set of Moose Racing Bark Busters to give to the person that fell the most the first day as a prize, which Brian G gladly accepted ha.
If you have pics, email them to me and I’ll add them to the site.
4 responses to “Taskers Gap VA – Peters Mill Run”
Leave a Reply
Published - Jun 3, 2015
Mid-Ohio Vintage Days 2015 | July 10th – 12th
Found this ad in an old motorcycle magazine and reminded me that the Mid-Ohio Vintage Days are coming up soon so mark your calendars. We should have a decent crew coming out from Philly this year. July 10th-12th Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course 7721 Steam Corners Road Lexington, OH 44904 Google Map Directions from Philly
Y’all need to get some GoPros
Brian R has go-pro footage.
I’ll add it once he gives me a link.
Yea, maybe next year I’ll pick up a GoPro.
Nice toyoters doods.