Nov 7th dirt bike trip – camping details
I called the main forest office twice today and got all the details from some lady. Here is what we’re gonna do:
- Leave philly friday at 8pm. Nov 6th
- Meet at aramingo wawa gassed up and ready to LEAVE AT 8pm
- Get to forest/campsite at 11ish. Easy drive, all highway. $5 toll on turnpike
- I figure we can set up at night. Better than getting there Sat at 1pm
- We’re going to stay at campsite #70. It’s free for everyone. Lady said camp sites are real far apart and almost all spots are open at the moment. See Word DOC and PDF
- Lady said the dirt roads/trails are extensive… ride up and down sides of mountains. Good look out points. “Vistas” on the map.
- She tried to tell me the 2 main paths we want to stay on are:
– dual sport on forest road
– dual sport on driveable trail
- She said it is deer hunting season, so heads-up
- Rip around all day Sat, and Sunday morning… get back to philly Sunday night
- Weather should be mid 50’s during the day … if it’s supposed to rain, we’ll reschedule
- Dont forget… bring extra gas / plugs / oil / tools / camp chairs etc etc
2 responses to “Nov 7th dirt bike trip – camping details”
Leave a Reply
Published - Feb 21, 2010
front end done
This weekend I finished fabricating the front end of my bike. Started by mocking up and drafting the gauge/switch bracket. Spray mounted my mechanical drawing onto an 1/8″ flat stock steel and then roughed out the shape with the hacksaw and cleaned it up with files. Installed! Left switch is for the High/Low beam and […]
I might leave earlier on Friday like around 4 or 5.
FYI: we need to do 3 bikes per truck since Adams truck is out of commission and Alex’s truck also might not make it.
We’ll have a chase car that extra people can go in so trucks aren’t crammed.