Dirt bike goals 2018
We’ve been doing the dirt bike stuff for a pretty long time now. I’ve been thinking about what fun things we could do this coming 2018, that are slightly out of the ordinary. Different than our normal mc activities. I don’t want to come up with a crazy list though. I think there are two things we can actually do with minimal planning.
We slacked hard 2017. We also have a solid 3-4 months to fix those little things you’ve been putting off… like… fix your blown fork seals, change engine oil / air filter, your clutch slips, get new tires on. Stuff like that, so I want to really stay on top of everyone.
Here are the two things I plan to do in 2018 and really want others to join in. The 2 things are really different so pick at least one to do with me.
Do at least 1 dirt bike race.
- I don’t care if it’s a hare scramble or a mx race.
- I don’t care if I come in dead last.
- I don’t care if I have to drive to lower Maryland, up near state college, or mid Ohio.
- I’m doing some sort of race. I think it’ll be a blast. The more people the better.
- I want to go to the Millville FOD vet track a couple times and practice
Ride from philly to the beach and back on enduros.
- On weekend. In summer
- Go nice and slow. Keep it under 50mph. Even the 175’s can do this. Leave philly fri morning.
- Ride in the Pines off road as much as possible
- Camp in pine barrens fri night
- Reach beach Sat. Hang out and swim.
- Camp back in pine barrens Sat night.
- Get home Sunday
- Super basic. Carry small backpack with Mexican blanket, bug tarp. Extra 2 stroke oil. That’s it.
- Radke, Steve, Mike Ashley sort of did is already right. Seems awesome.
3 responses to “Dirt bike goals 2018”
Leave a Reply
Published - Dec 11, 2010
When the time gets closer, I’ll post up some details about the beach ride. Steve, Radke, and I did half of this last summer, but I did the whole thing alone. A bunch of times. I did a bunch of recon missions by myself in 2016 where I nearly lost my bike in a giant ice puddle, nearly lost my bike in quicksand, discovered hidden MX tracks, hillclimbs, and an awesome place to eat midway. One time I had to ride out with my bars bent up at 30 degrees after a miraculously injury-free crash.
The route is at least 80% on dirt/sand and you gotta be able to go 35-40 miles between gas stops. Consider getting something to carry extra fuel (as well as 2T oil, of course) if you are on a DT because Steve didnt make it on his DT250 and had to borrow fuel from Radke.
I can provide a place to stage friday night and can take charge of the route and navigation.
Check out this website that has both hare scrambles and enduros. This is the schedule for 2018:
Awesome man. Good heads up. Come do it with me.