NJMP AHRMA motorcycle festival
I rode the z1 there. I guess this is the 5th year?
I didn’t know what to expect. I heard there was a swap meet. I heard there was racing. I also heard there was maybe camping?
To clear things up:
- there is basically no swap meet. Nesco has a better swap meet.
- there is some awesome racing happening. So if you wanna watch vintage mc road-course racing this is def for you. Walking through the paddocks is awesome. You can get close to all the racers and talk to them.
- no one rides pit bikes around. It’s not big enough to need to
- there’s not really any dirt bike stuff at all. It’s all about road-course mc stuff
- I’m pretty sure there’s no camping
- I had fun for an hour then left. If njmp wants this to compete with mid Ohio they need to do something to beef it up and get more spectators interested.
The way I view it, if you race, or have friends that race, or really like watching racing sitting in the sun, it’d be fun to go support them. But there’s no other “events” like what mid Ohio has and there’s no crazy mayhem that happens from what I saw. I’ll def go next year… for an hour.
One response to “NJMP AHRMA motorcycle festival”
Published - Jul 18, 2019
I’m waiting to get my 5 rolls of film back. $250 to get it all developed and scanned and only a few places on the east coast still do it, bummer. Guess I’m not buying E-6 slide film again. I’m the meantime a few pics from my phone.